E-Commerce & Business Information
Jeremy Costin is a pioneer in e-commerce and business information law. He cut his programming teeth on an Apple II in the eighties, hand-coded web pages in the mid-nineties, and was the Curriculum Director for Internet programming at a career college before becoming a lawyer.
The laws dealing with how information is acquired, protected, and used comprise a thread running through all sectors of business, from e-commerce to health care to fishing tourism. Jeremy’s e-commerce and business information experience includes:
- Developing privacy and knowledge management policies for a large health care services company.
- Developing an agreement for information protection and management, including an intellectual property trust, which has been used in biotechnology, aviation, and even app development contracts.
- Drafting the shareholders’ agreement, customized to address significant intellectual property and other intangible asset contributions by founders, for a start-up eco-tech company.
- Advising an international transportation logistics organization regarding the development and maintenance of their mission-critical global software system, including IP succession issues.
- Amending and preparing licence agreements for a multinational e-mail filtering company.
- Setting up one of the first Community Contribution Companies in British Columbia, operated by a global information technology group.